7 - 11 NIGHT TRIPS
Emperor requires that you are a PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent with a recommended 50 logged dives for this itinerary. This itinerary is unsuitable for beginners and most dives will involve going to depth and currents can be strong. If you are Open Water or equivalent you will be required to take part in the Advanced Open Water course on-board. All diving is made from zodiacs to give precise entry and exit points.
Please note: Divers going to South Komodo need to realise the temperatures can drop from 28°C down to around 20°C. A 5mm wetsuit and hood is highly recommended for this region. Water temperature in the central and northern section of the park average 27-28°C.
The Komodo National Park is world renowned for the excellent quality and variety of diving. Water temperatures change between the north and south of the park and provide the diver with varied encounters. In the north we have the black sands of the Sangeang Volcano with its critters and bubble flows, and the reefs around Gili Banta. The south provides cooler temperatures with manta action and nutrient rich reefs with ocean flow from the Indian Ocean. The central section provides reefs and small islands teeming with life fed by the currents running between the islands of Komodo and Rinca. Add to this the chance to see the famous Komodo Dragon in its natural habitat, beautiful beaches, look-outs to climb and you have a paradise both below and above the water.
A 7 or 8 night cruise takes in sites in the Central and Southern Sections of the Komodo Region. Highlights may include, but are not limited to:
- Gili Lawa Lawa: Castle Rock, Crystal Rock, Shotgun, Lighthouse Reef and Golden Passage
- Tatawa: Tatawa Kecil and Tatawa Besar
- Sebayor: Sebayor Kecil and Sebayor Mini Wall
- Makasar Reef: Manta feeding and cleaning
- Wai Nilu: Critter dive near the entrance to Rinca Drago walk ranger station
- Batu Bolong: Rock out crop in the middle of the Komodo channel. (Dive protected side)
- Padar: Three Sisters and Secret Garden
- Nusa Kode: Cannibal Rock, Yellow Wall of Texas, Boulders and Torpedo Alley
- Manta Alley: South Komodo if conditions permit. Manta cleaning stations
A 9 to 11 night extended cruise includes the North section of the Komodo Region. Highlights may include, but are not limited to:
- Sangeang Volcano: Hot Rocks and Deep Purple
- Gili Banta: Star Wars and Roller Coaster
- North West Komodo: Region of Batu Moncho