Mirbat & Salalah
MV Saman Explorer Sample Itinerary
Discover the extensive reefs of southern Oman and the Hallaniyat Islands! Departing from Mirbat’s small harbour, the itinerary will be exploratory in nature, for divers comfortable in a relatively remote location. The experienced Egyptian crew, in tandem with Oman based dive guides already familiar with many of Mirbat and Salalah’s exciting dive sites, join you in discovering the enormous wealth of sites on offer.
- Board boat in Mirbat early afternoon
- Pm: Check dive at easy close by dive site, motoring along the coast towards Hasik
- Sail Hasik to first of Hallaniyat islands, taking around 3 - 4 hours
Sunday - Thursday:
- 3 to 4 dives per day, including night dives where applicable
- Afternoon disembark and overnight in Mirbat Marriot hotel (HB basis)
- Depart Salalah or extend stay in Marriot hotel or extend stay in Muscat
Guests should note that the City of Winchester wreck is currently closed to recreational diving.
Travel options: If flying direct from the UK, the latest you can leave is Friday, changing in Muscat. Alternatively, why not stay in Muscat for the first part of your stay then connect to Salalah on Saturday, or extend your stay in one of our Muscat resorts afterwards?