Mirbat & Salalah
MY OMAN Explorer Sample Itinerary
Discover the extensive reefs of southern Oman and the Hallaniyat Islands! Departing from Mirbat’s small harbour, the itinerary will be exploratory in nature, for divers comfortable in a relatively remote location. Experience the enormous wealth of sites on offer, where and incredible abundance of fish life awaits. The remote islands are relatively untouched and the lucky divers are likely to encounter megapods of dolphin, manta rays and possibly humpback whales.
- Arrival in Salalah and transfer to Mirbat.
- Board boat early afternoon.
- PM: Check dive at easy close by dive site, motoring along the coast towards Hasik.
- Sail Hasik to the first of Hallaniyat Islands, taking around 3 - 4 hours.
Sunday - Thursday:
- 3 to 4 dives per day, including night dives where applicable.
- Afternoon disembark and overnight in Wyndham Garden Resort Mirbat (HB basis).
- Depart Salalah or extend stay in resort. Also possible to return to Muscat and extend stay.
Guests should note that the City of Winchester wreck is currently closed to recreational diving.
Travel options: If flying direct from the UK, the latest you can leave is Friday, changing in Muscat. Alternatively, why not stay in Muscat for the first part of your stay then connect to Salalah on Saturday, or extend your stay in one of our Muscat resorts afterwards?